29 Oct. 2007 12:02:34 / Warcraft 3 TFT
Sorry but i totally disagree with the method of the tournment.

Time limits for the games is completly nonsense, do you play WC:TFT? many matchups are decided on tier3… and if it is really ballanced why time limits? then how are you gonna decide who won that match? draw? please…

Second the playing system. 2x 1v1 = 2points and 1x 2v2 = 2points in BO1??? First i don't even agree on a tournment mixed but considering that that can't change please just check on the way clanwars are made all over the world. BO1 is LOL unless you're really without time. eventhough for a prizemoney tornment BO1 are like lucky shots.

why not all games in BO3 1st of all? the 1v1 will be played at the same time and just get the numbers together:
ex: T1)Player1 v T2)Player1 Result: 2-1
T1)Player2 v T2)Player2 Result: 0-2
T1 v T2 Result: 2-0
Final Result: 5-3 - TEAM 1 wins

You won't have a change of having draws in the first hand. Then if the 1v1 had already decided the game the 2v2 can be played for fun or you can just spare time and strenght for the next steps, cause please admit 1v1 has always much more importance in clanwars than 2v2.
29 Oct. 2007 12:49:42 / Warcraft 3 TFT
You're right, except you missed the reason for this format.

War3 at PolyLAN used to be 2vs2 only. We don't want a LAN where the 1vs1 is the focus. This clan-war like tournament is more interesting for players who get to play way more, but still keeps the emphasis on 2vs2…

But we'll be thinking about balancing it further. Final decisions will be taken with team captains before the tournament starts.
29 Oct. 2007 18:00:10 / Warcraft 3 TFT
mesi
Sorry but i totally disagree with the method of the tournment.

Time limits for the games is completly nonsense, do you play WC:TFT? many matchups are decided on tier3… and if it is really ballanced why time limits? then how are you gonna decide who won that match? draw? please…

Second the playing system. 2x 1v1 = 2points and 1x 2v2 = 2points in BO1??? First i don't even agree on a tournment mixed but considering that that can't change please just check on the way clanwars are made all over the world. BO1 is LOL unless you're really without time. eventhough for a prizemoney tornment BO1 are like lucky shots.

why not all games in BO3 1st of all? the 1v1 will be played at the same time and just get the numbers together:
ex: T1)Player1 v T2)Player1 Result: 2-1
T1)Player2 v T2)Player2 Result: 0-2
T1 v T2 Result: 2-0
Final Result: 5-3 - TEAM 1 wins

You won't have a change of having draws in the first hand. Then if the 1v1 had already decided the game the 2v2 can be played for fun or you can just spare time and strenght for the next steps, cause please admit 1v1 has always much more importance in clanwars than 2v2.

Sorry but i can tell you are close to the bullshitting line.
As maybe you would notice if you had opened your eyes, this tourney is NOT intended to be a WCG competition or WC3L clanwar.

Time limit is lol ???
In the rules it is said : Pour assurer la fluidité du tournoi, une limite de 45 minutes est posée par match..
Perhaps you are playing campnoobhumanmasstowerlolmasstanks, but usually, you know.. games are finished within 20 minutes… And tier3 my friend is reachable within 6-8 minutes of the game… Just stop telling nonsense…

Game format is lol ???
Who the hell you are to give us your sh1t opinion ? No one cares about what you think, this is NOT WC3L, nor WCG like i said before… The tourney is meant to have a focus on 2v2 and not on 1v1, even if its too complicated for you to get that! If you are not happy with that, just dont come…

Bo1 is lol ???
Your skill is maybe lol! From what you write, it seems that on some maps, some races have like 80%+ chances of win… stop dreaming kiddo, even that is pretty well balanced. Every race can win on every map. And since the level of the players wont be homogenous at all, in 1v1 the individual skill will probably make the difference. And as to the 2v2, you see some serious imbalances accross the different maps ??? Come on, thats bullshit also… And then, just think about how much time it could take if both 1v1 and the 2v2 would end with a 2-1 score… 2 hours per CW … ? Are you completely insane ? Or just sucky at maths… ?

(no need telling me im being aggressive - i highly dislike guys like you)

a plus sous le bus

29 Oct. 2007 18:26:55 / Warcraft 3 TFT
didn't meant to start a flame, and i'm not continuing it. just don't insult me cause i don't know you.

As you saw, an admin of polylan answerd me with manners and i understood. I just gave my opinion is that a crime?

Questions about the ballance on RTS specially on WC3 will always be here, you have your opinion, i have mine.

i know you can reach t3 in 8 minutes and a 45 minutes game is pretty tiring. I just asked what was the plan if the game has to stop. draw? points?

I didn't know the point of the tournment was 2on2 cause it is not explicit on the advertisment, neither in the webpage so don't blame me for thinking that it could be a tournment focused on 1on1.

About the time it would take, isn't it a 2 day LAN maybe i missed something on the timeschedule. But if you wanna talk about maths and considering direct elimination if there will be 24 teams which would play with eachother that would make 12 matches at the same time (2 hours), the 12 teams would rest, 6 matches at the same time (2hours) wich would leave 6 teams remaining, 3 matches (2 hours) wich make 6 hours until we have the 3 last teams which i don't know how could manage to play but 6 hours i don't think is that much time… but ok.

I just hope to hear about the rules very explicit soon so we aren't here arguing on something that may not make sense for neither one of us.

See ya in PolyLAN
29 Oct. 2007 18:46:25 / Warcraft 3 TFT
Bla bla bla

What do you thing, have you seen a single tournament with only brackets… ? without stage groups… ? lets say 16 teams = 4 groups with 4 teams = 3 matches, then 1/4, 1/2 and finals.. That make 6 matches for the winners… if there is no looserbracket… So.. maybe you see now that something may not work…

For the time limit, i guess no game has ever reached 45 minutes til now.

You have access to the previous forums, of previous lans, so you can easily see, it was always about 2v2…

and come on, stop playing the guy hurt in his opinions, you talk a lot about balance without having a clue apparently

29 Oct. 2007 18:55:16 / Warcraft 3 TFT
sideral, any clue when the tournment rules and format will be available?

Thanks.
29 Oct. 2007 19:03:46 / Warcraft 3 TFT
sideral
Final decisions will be taken with team captains before the tournament starts.

:roll:

Tog'
Veteran PolyLAN
Joueur PolyLAN II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX SoG XX XXI XXII XXIII
29 Oct. 2007 19:18:42 / Warcraft 3 TFT
I thought the rules were on the website somewhere but it appears that they aren't.

Hopefully very soon. As said, final rules will be decided on location.
03 Nov. 2007 16:33:43 / Warcraft 3 TFT
I need a teammate for this 2v2 thing. It seems like it's not possible to just play in the 1v1 competition? I was a level 30+ on East.
03 Nov. 2007 17:12:14 / Warcraft 3 TFT