Access to the LAN (Building RLC - Rolex Learning Center)
Here is the map to the LAN that will take place in the Forum of the Rolex Learning Center. Access to the LAN is only via the EST side of the building. The West side is blocked by the ArtLab EPFL.
You can find a detailed map on: http://plan.epfl.ch
Click on the map for a bigger version
- At your starting point take a highway to Lausanne
- Once in the Lausanne area, still on the highway, follow signs Lausanne-Sud and exit at "Université, EPFL". (There are two exits that are one after the other, this is the first)
- Once out of the highway, follow route cantonale. (direction St-Sulpice, Morges)
- After about 1km on the right you will see a building with an antenna and EPFL logo (large, red). Turn right at the roundabout just before the tower.
- Take the first left just after the tower
- Continue for a few dozen meters, you will arrive at the EASTERN entrance to the underground parking of RLC
- Feel free to park at the other end of the parking lot, the entrance of the Forum is in the WEST area of parking
If you are parked in a good spot, you are just a few meters from the entrance door and elevator at the LAN. Parking is free, but it is inaccessible from midnight to 7:00 am.
By public transit
- From anywhere in Switzerland take a train direction "Renens VD" (near Lausanne)
- Once at the station, you need to take another train called M1 towards "Ecublens VD, EPFL"
- Once at this stop follow the RLC direction (Rolex Learning Center) via the signposts or look at the map above.
Generally speaking no matter where you come in Switzerland (or sometimes even from abroad if it is a large city) you can use the SBB website which is very well done and input, as a final destination : "Ecublens VD, EPFL"