As some of you may have noticed, the prices have increased again this year and we wanted to explain the reasons behind this.
First of all, the PolyLAN events are based on 5 pillars:
- You: your presence is of course the cornerstone of the LAN
- Us: a committee, composed entirely of volunteers, which devotes itself throughout the year for the organization of the LANs and through additional activities which help finance our principal events
- The generosity of our sponsors who make it possible to offer prizes to the winners of the "animations" or to setup a high performance network throughout the LAN
- The support of the EPFL, which is essential both from a logistical and financial standpoint
- The SwissTech Convention Center and their renewed willingness to support this event year after year and to take the necessary measures to make it happen
The 4th pillar, the support of EPFL, has unfortunately been faltering for several years for budgetary reasons. We are saddened by this trend, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.
We have also deliberately chosen not to reduce the surface area of the building we rent, so that we can do a LAN on the scale of the pre-COVID ones and once again offer the participants a complete and unforgettable experience.
As far as the meals are concerned, which will be prepared for you by the usual provider, their prices have also increased. This is partly due to inflation and the new management of the bar.
Unfortunately, these cost increases have to be passed on to the registrations, as we do not have enough reserves to cover the shortfall of several tens of thousands of francs. However, we have tried to spare the students as much as possible, as we know that a price increase is not insignificant for their budget.
In conclusion, we would like to assure you that despite these increases, we will work hard to make this edition a memorable event for you, and we hope that you will have an exceptional time!
We thank you for your understanding and your continued support,
See you in LAN
The PolyLAN Committee